Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Take Two

This is my second attempt at blogging.  This time it's for real.  I have a new name and new page.  I wasn't really feeling the old one and this one seems to represent me more.  One things that I've come to realize about myself is that I love to do all sorts of crafts.  I switch (or hop, if you will) from one to another.  It's not that I get bored or grow tired of anything in particular.  I just like doing different things.  So with this blog, I hope to show you stuff that I've copied gotten inspired from other bloggers or tutorials.  I also want to start on opening an Etsy store.  It seems like craft blogging and craft selling go hand-in-hand, so what better way to get my name out than through my blog, right?  Just agree with me, it will make me feel better ;)

So a little bit about me.  I'm 33 and have been married to a great guy for 11 1/2 years (yes we were young).  We have a 6-year-old (Annika) and a 2-year-old (Shayne).  My girls are my world.  Everything I do is to make their lives better. 


Annika on the frist day of First Grade

Shayne havnig a snack

I currently work full-time at a law firm as a secretary.  It's not my favorite, but it's a job.  Ideally I would work part-time (to keep my sanity) somewhere closer to home.  Unfortunately, you may have heard that the market took a crapper a few years back and now we can't sell our house to save our lives (it's been on the market for 2 years).  So that means that both the Hubby and I kinda have to work to keep the roof over our heads.  He works a lot harder than I do.  Here he is working at a refinery in Indiana:



Some crafty things you might see here are definitely crochet.  My mom taught me when I was younger, but I never really did anything with it.  A few years ago, a co-worker and I decided to learn or re-learn as the case was.  So I now have a bazillion patterns that I want to try and more yarn than I have time for.  Hence the Etsy store that will come sometime in the new year.  Some other crafts that I like are sewing, jewelry making, painting.  I've gotten so many ideas for painting furniture from various blogs.  I even have a garage full of stuff to work on.  I just haven't had time to work on it.  I hope to get to it soon though.  I've pretty much tried it all and if I haven't yet, I probably will.  Now I hope to share some ideas and projects with you.

2 comments:

Tai Bender said...

YAY! I am so following!

@JessEsco said...

So cute! I can't believe how big Shayne and Annika are. Sigh.